Noise control enclosure A1 Cologne-Lövenich
Construction of a noise control enclosure including control and safety technology, plus maintenance for ten years
The project concerns a noise control enclosure over the A1 motorway in Cologne-Lövenich for the protection of nearby residential areas. The reinforced concrete structure with a glass roof and pile foundations, plus the earthworks, roadworks and two overpass structures, cover a length of 1.5 kilometres.
A major element of the project is providing all of the operating and traffic technology equipment for the tunnel.
Services in detail
- At 1,552 metres long and 32 metres wide, the enclosure consists of two reinforced concrete walls next to the motorway and one in the central reservation. The outer walls have shallow foundations, while the central wall is constructed on top of bored piles.
- The roof structure is made of glass, with integrated smoke and heat protection dampers. It sits on reinforced concrete girders supplied as prefabricated parts.
- Once the construction work is complete, Implenia will also be responsible for maintenance and repair of the noise protection tunnel for a ten-year period.
- Construction of all structures with the motorway still open to traffic
- JV noise control enclosure A1 Lövenich
- Implenia Construction GmbH (80%)
- Bilfinger Infrastructure GmbH (20%)
Back to overview