Construction of a new crude salt storage facility
Implenia Tesch GmbH constructs a new crude salt storage facility for esco in Rheinberg.
In July 2015, Implenia Tesch GmbH won the contract to construct the new Saline crude salt storage facility as a replacement for the dilapidated storage hall.
Type and scope of work:
- Once the excavation pit had been created, the solid construction work was begun in order to build the withdrawal tunnel, the silo cellar, and the silo wall and base slab.
- Following on from this, the silos – measuring 18.6 m high and with a diameter of 15 m – were constructed using a quick sliding formwork technique.
- In this process, some 2,000 m³ of soil were moved and approximately 220 t of reinforcement, 4,200 m² of formwork and 1,400 m³ of concrete were installed.
- An especially notable achievement was completing all of this work within the stipulated construction period of just 15 weeks.
- The drainage and strengthening work was then carried out once this was done.
Back to overview