TELT, CO08 - Villard Clément
Construction of the base tunnel from the Villard Clément portal attacks.
The cross-border section of the new Lyon-Turin line is a new railway line of about 67 km connecting Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne with Susa in Italy and Bussoleno, where it joins the historic Turin-Modane line. In particular, the line requires the construction of a 57.5 km long twin-tube tunnel with one track in each direction, the so-called "Montcenis base tunnel", as well as the construction of a twin-tube tunnel of about 2 km between Susa and Bussoleno, the so-called "connecting tunnel".
On the French side, the civil engineering of the base tunnel is divided into 4 Operational Worksites (OW), numbered from 5 to 8, including OW 08 "Construction works on the base tunnel from the Villard Clément portal".
Services in detail
This civil engineering contract includes the realisation of :
- The open space structures on the Villard-Clément platform, including the cut between the existing cut of Lot 9a to the west and the spandrel of the excavated tunnel to the east.
- The two tubes of the base tunnel in the direction of Saint-Martin-la-Porte, i.e. 2839 m, 509 m of which are screen vaults in already consolidated ground (jet grouting), mark the beginning of the base tunnel. The rest of the excavation was carried out using traditional blasting methods.
- Communication branches between R0 and R1 type tubes contained in this line, i.e. 11 units on the probable line,
- The niches contained in it are probably linear, i.e. 6 units,
- The installation of external conveyor belts for the removal of materials.
Planning and execution of the work
Type of work
- Jet grouting
- Umbrella vault
- Tunnel lining and covering
- Cutting and covering
Construction time - dates
Use of the book
Main works and features
INALPAGE-Gruppe bestehend aus EGIS (Leiter) - INGEROP - ALPINA - GEODATA
Transferring person CEE
Name of the grouping
IMPLENIA - NGE - ITINERA - RIZZANI de ECCHER
Person responsible for the grouping
M. Alain RICHELY
Composition of the grouping
RIZZANI DE ECHER (16%)
The role of Implenia in the group
Own share of grouping